Our Data Protection Practice has deep practical expertise advising on data protection matters. We have advised many large local and multinational clients on their data compliance obligations, including some of Singapore’s largest banks, insurers, telecommunications, transport, media, hospitality, healthcare and property companies.
We strongly believe in working with our clients to find effective and practical solutions. Through close interaction with the legal and business teams within our client organisations, and having been engaged in data protection projects across such a diverse range of sectors, we have a solid and well-rounded understanding of the issues faced by organisations in addressing the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act, Spam Control Act and other related legislation and how these may be addressed.
- IPMT Client Update - PDPC issued Proposed Advisory Guidelines on NRIC numbers
- IPMT Client Update - PDPC update on Anonymisation and Healthcare
- LegisWatch - A new way to carry on another’s legacy: the new waiver for the use of legacy health information under the Human Biomedical Research Act
- CaseWatch - First Grounds Of Decision On Data Protection Breaches In Singapore Issued By The Personal Data Protection Commission
- LegisWatch: Personal Data Protection (Enforcement) Regulations 2014 Issued